Our group exercise and lifestyle program for the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes in Motion is specifically tailored for people diagnosed or at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
The program is fully funded by Medicare if you are eligible for ‘Group Allied Health Services under Medicare for patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
It consists of:
- 1 initial one-on-one health assessment
- 8 supervised group exercise sessions including dietary and diabetic education
- Ongoing monitoring and take-home exercise program
Some benefits of physical activity for Type 2 Diabetes include:
- Improved blood glucose management
- Prevention or delay of the onset of Type 2 Diabetes
- Improved mental health and well being
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
How to get started:
- Speak to your doctor to arrange a referral for Diabetes in Motion through ‘Group Allied Health Services under Medicare for patients with Type 2 Diabetes’.
If you would like to attend Diabetes in Motion but do not have a referral from your doctor, your Private Health fund may cover the cost of the program.