Exercise rehabilitation to manage a diverse range of chronic disease/disability for eligible Medicare Chronic Disease Management (CDM) and Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) clients.
Chronic Disease Management
Under the Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Program (formally Enhanced Primary Care), Medicare rebates are available for patients with chronic and complex care needs. Up to 5 consultations per calendar year are available to access Exercise Physiology services.
All CDM consultations are bulk billed providing you have a GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement (TCA) in place.
Additional rebates for patients identifying as Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander are also accessible.
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Both DVA Gold Card and White Card holders are eligible to access our Exercise Physiology services.
You will need a D904 referral form or a standard referral letter stating your medical condition and DVA reference number from your GP or specialist to cover the cost of these services.
Some benefits of exercise include:
- Improving blood glucose management for Type 2 diabetics
- Reducing the risk of falls for those suffering osteoporosis
- Assist with weight loss in obesity
- Reduce pain and stiffness for those suffering arthritis
- Reducing the risk of coronary artery disease
- Improve well being for those suffering depression