Sport Injury can happen in spite of all preventive measures in place. The primary goal of first aid treatment is to prevent further injuries or damage due to a sport injury. Sport injurythat requires immediate treatment is categorized as acute injuries. These injuries are often accompanied with fractures, pain, swelling, cuts, sprains or concussions. Listed below are some of the quick first aid treatment tips which can reduce pain and help you heal quickly.
- Use of Ice: Swelling is almost the first thing that happens after any sport injury. For most acute soft tissue injuries, the goal is to prevent and reduce swelling. Applying ice to the injury will reduce swelling immediately. Also elevating the injured area will prevent swelling.
- Stop exercising: In order to prevent further damage or injury, one should stop activity and start treatment.
- Focus on rebuilding strength: For attaining joint stability, injury rehabilitation programs proves extremely beneficial. Once the sport injury has healed, one can begin strengthening exercises.
- Once the injuries begin to heal, one can start with gentle stretching and light exercises to reduce adhesions and improve muscle function.
- Last but not the least, adequate rest is extremely important so that the tissues can heal.